The RAINOVA project has the general aim of encouraging development of innovation systems for the regions represented by the project partners. In order to achieve this aim, firstly the project will analyse the role played by educational institutions in the innovation system, particularly those working in the field of vocational training. So, the study of the different regional innovation systems represents one of the objectives of this project, tackling relations between the different agents within them and how they participate in the innovating process.
In the same way, after having analysed the different innovation systems regionally, the project will tackle the challenge of proposing an innovation management model that can be used by any of the agents in these systems, adapting the model as necessary. This will create a shared vision of the innovating process, both in terms of organisations and as a regional system.
Finally, the innovation management model will be piloted with a small number of organisations: VET institutions, companies and research organisations.
The results of the regional studies and the piloting of the innovation management model will allow the project partners to propose initiatives that will work with their respective systems. In order to guarantee shared learning between the different regions and their respective systems, it is proposed to create a network of regional innovation systems, encouraging the development and evolution of the innovation management model.
The RAINOVA partners:
- Project leader: Ikaslan Gipuzkoa (Basque Country, Spain)
- EUC Syd (Denmark)
- TelePedagogic Knowledge Centre (Sweden)
- Adastra Cymru Ltd (Wales, UK)
- Bornova Mazhar Zorlu Technical and Vocational High School (Turkey)
- Tknika (Basque Country, Spain)
- Lower Silesian Innovation and Science Park (Poland)
- CSCS: Centro Studi ‘Cultura Sviluppo’ (Italy)
- ColegauCymru/CollegesWales (Wales, UK)
- Tolosaldea Garatsen – Lehiberri (Basque Country, Spain)
- REK: Riksföreningen för e-Kompetens (Sweden)
- University of Pitesti (Romania)
- Paul Garvey Consultancy Ltd (England, UK)
- EfVET: European Forum of Technical and Vocational Education (Belgium)
- CSMC: International Machine Tool Institute, Tianjin (China)
- CEGEP L’Outaouais (Québec, Canada)
The CSCS Director Mr. Giovanni Crisonà participated at the Rainova Project meeting in Romania.
The main aim of the RAINOVA Project, in which CSCS is participating, is to encourage the development of Regional Innovation Systems for the regions represented by the project partners.
The aims of the Rainova project are to be achieved through the following objectives:
To research the current situation in each region in terms of current innovation systems and strategies.
To design an Innovation Management Model that, as well as creating the flexibility required for each organisational and/or regional context, means that the challenge of innovation can be tackled in a more coordinated and intelligent way.
To draw up Action Plans for the implementation of the IMM in regional networks identifying the interventions needed to create of improve the regional innovation systems.
To pilot the IMM in the 4 regions participating; Tuscany, Wales, Syddanmark and Basque Country (who are all members of EARLALL) focusing on an innovative sector with emerging technologies.
To create the regional networks in each partner country.
To facilitate the creation of the International Innovation Network.